- Who are the registered Cargo Handling Companies (CHCs) at PQA?
- Whom to contact to handle cargo (Import / Export)?
Reply: One of the registered Cargo Handling Companies.
- How to pay handling charges?
Reply: As negotiated per tonne cargo handling charges will be paid to CHC directly. Terms and conditions will be mentioned in agreement signed between Consignee / Shipper and CHC.
- Who is custodian of cargo?
Reply: Cargo Handling Companies (CHC’s) are the custodian of cargo at the Port.
- Who is responsible of pilferage / damage to cargo?
Reply: All claims will be directly settled between Party and CHC.
- What is Export Shipping Order (ESO)? Reply: Export Shipping Order (ESO) is only document generated by Cargo Department for exports. Wharfageand Wighment charges are endorsed on ESO by Revenue Department of PQA and allocation of berth is done by Cargo Ops Department.
- What documents are generated by PQA in case of Import Cargo? Reply: None. Only wharfage and weighment challan is issued by Revenue Department.
- When demurrage is incurred on imports? Reply: After 5 working days after completion of vessel.
- When demurrage is incurred on exports? Reply: After 10 days of deposit of cargo.
- What is Landing Date? Reply: LD is the date of completion of discharging of a vessel for all commodities.
- How to register as shipping agent in PQA?
Reply: For registration as shipping agent at PQA, following needs to be submitted
- a) Request letter addressed to DC, PQA
- b) Memorandum and articles of association
- c) Customs Agent license
- d) NTN certificate
- e) Computerized NIC